Sunday 4 January 2015

Genre Choice and Reason

As a group we have come to the decision that we are going to create the opening of a film that would be grouped in the thriller genre. I believe that is was a good decision to have our film from the thriller genre as it allows us to be quite creative and it doesn't particularly restrict us when it come to planning as it could be set anywhere and have any variety of characters. this also give us the ability to make that target audience of the film to be a people like ourselves, I know that I personally enjoy thriller films as a genre such as Taken and Seven. Due to me enjoying the genre so much it is going to push me to create a strong opening as I wish to replicate and adapt things that I have seen in these movies. I also think that it is a good decision to have gone with the thriller genre as I believe that I will be able to create a piece that is interesting and exciting for the audience.

On the basis of creativity all members can give ideas and we would still be able to create a complete and piece will all the ideas implemented, as thriller films are very broad when seen as a group; as seen through the pictures below we can tell that all the films are so different when it comes to story line, character, location and even slight variations in target audience despite all being of the same genre. As the quote implies, we can have a great amount of freedom and still stick to many of the key conventions of the thriller genre. This to me is quite exciting as we plan what our film it going to be about.

examples of shots from great thriller films

No comments:

Post a Comment