Sunday 19 April 2015

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Show above is my preliminary and my final draft of my project, over the time between the two I have learnt a lot of things about the creation of a media product.

Firstly I learnt the importance of planning, for my preliminary task very little panning when into the creation of it as this meant that they we no story to it and we had very little idea of the shots that we were going to use. However of our final project we spent far more time thinking about and working out what the story would be about, after that we planned out of the shots that we had to get so that we would be more efficient when getting the shot and would save time so that we would be able to advantage of any additionally shots that arose due to ether new ideas or things that we found in our surroundings. We would have be unable get these shots if we had gone into shooting like we had in the preliminary task, and so have over the course of the project learnt the importance of planning.
Another skill that I have learnt of the course of the project is to film shots several times and to fill the scene the whole way though from all angles, in my final project this prevented me from making mistakes that I made in the preliminary such as in a shot reverse shot the camera moving slightly when returning to the same angle, this also save us time as we didn't have to return the camera to a position that is was in only a few moments earlier, through learning this I was able to add more accuracy to my piece in terms of continuity and in the acting/reactions of the characters.


All my previous attempts at editing we done on imovie however for the preliminary and the  my final project I used premier pro and other Adobe software like: photoshop, after effects and audition. this meant that over the course of the project I massively improved my ability to edit on these pieces of software. This is seen in that for my preliminary I only used premier pro, whereas for my final piece I used all of the above: premier pro for the edit; photoshop for the production ident; audition for muffling sound and sound editing; after effects for the titles creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment